Elder Reynolds in Brazil

Elder Reynolds in Brazil

Sunday, January 1, 2012

Brazil Week 6

"A proverb in the Old Testament states: 'He that is slow to anger is better than the mighty; and he that ruleth his spirit than he that taketh a city' (Proverbs 16:32). 
"It is when we become angry that we get into trouble. The road rage that affects our highways is a hateful expression of anger. I dare say that most of the inmates of our prisons are there because they did something when they were angry. In their wrath they swore, they lost control of themselves, and terrible things followed, even murder. There were moments of offense followed by years of regret. . . .
"So many of us make a great fuss of matters of small consequence. We are so easily offended. Happy is the man who can brush aside the offending remarks of another and go on his way."
                                                      -President Gordon B. Hinckley
Hello everyone! I am in Jundiai right now with Elder Santos because of a split.(Split, where you spend 2 days with another missionary) Jundiai is pretty dang big, it is about an half-hour north of Sao Paulo. Things are going good here, I am quite jealous of Elder Santos and Petersons house. They live behind a members home....which means they get free food, laundry, cleaning, and deserts all the time. Plus their house is way nice, so dont be suprised if I stay here. I am not complaining however after seeing pictures of the snow there! It is hot and sweaty here but I like it better than the snow. It is December and almost Natal(Christmas) but its more like having Christmas during July in St.George!
I put that quote up there for my self benefit more than anything. It is chill however. Maybe, just maybe if I can listen to the counsel of ol Gordon, we will end up being friends. Anyway on a better note, Sunday was the Superbowl of soccer here in Brazil. Corithians,basically the Lakers of Brazil(team of the ghetto), ended up winning and WWIII broke out. The  whole day there was fireworks and bombs and such going off in the streets...Alllll day. It was cool I just wish i could have watched the game.
Things are going well in Campo Limpo, lots of progress and such. We have 4 families lined up for baptism which means 2 of them will actually -probably- get baptised. I love the ward here even though it is tiny. I was in shock when I saw the chapel here which is the size of the STG Temple just different colors. Seriously, paint it white and throw a Angel Moroni and you have a temple. 
I learned how to make a bunch of shakes out of the fruit here. To be honest I dont know the names in english, i just know what they look like, but they are good. Also I make a mean batch of beans and rice. I finally got sick of hotdogs so I actually have to learn how to live and cook on my own ahah. So basically I learned that the Church of JSofLDS is true...testimony aside. Either the church is true or there is no true church, and we are still waiting for the restoration(period). Which to know if the Church is true is easy as read the Book of Mormon and ask. For anyone that dosent want to do that, go ahead and read everything for James E. Talmage. 
Anyway sorry for the semi depressing email this week, hopefuulllly next week will be better. The only reason I am still  here is because of your support (thanks for never forcing me). I love you all!

Love, Elder Merrick Reynolds

1 comment:

  1. Love the blog, keep the letters coming! Linda Hatch
    Elder Hatch blogspot is
    www.elderdanielhatch.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete