Elder Reynolds in Brazil

Elder Reynolds in Brazil

Friday, March 23, 2012

Brazil Week 11

what up?

This week has been pretty cool. That family got confirmed Sunday. We made a contact 2 weeks ago on the street and finally went to this guys house this week. We stopped by but he wasnt home but we stopped by a couple hours later. His name is Lima and he has a family of  6. We chatted for awhile then taught them the first lesson. They all accepted baptism and to come to church, which was awesome. We stopped by yesterday with a member and he bore a inspiring testimony. Things are going great. I´d like to express just the overwhelming gratitude that I´ve felt this week. About a week ago exactly, I was really overcome with some things that had been bothering me. I spent a lot of time on my knees in mighty prayer. Something changed as I got up from my prayer. I hadn´t received an answer, but somehow my mind knew that that was a test, and that I needed to learn something. So I promised to just to keep working the best I could, and to have the patience until the answer or some relief came. Something changed, the next day I woke up with a joy and energy to work and do my very best. As I got on my knees, I just felt humility and just thanked my Heavenly Father for all the things I had. Then it came- not a strong burning feeling, but just a sense of confidence that was not there before. I don´t know how to explain, it was as if my worries were completely erased. I found a new confidence or knowledge and a growing feeling or urge to share this message. Doubt was removed and replaced with faith. Ever since that day, I´ve felt overwhelming joy. I know this church is true, the Lord is in this work. I don´t have the eloquent vocabulary of my brother to be able to describe the sweet joy I feel to just know it´s all true- the Book of Mormon, this Church, Joseph Smith as a Prophet, and most of all, the reality of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. None of this knowledge comes from me. The Lord knows what is best for us, I testify that is true, and I love this work. I love the scriptures, the Book of Mormon is the word of God. I love you all and if I haven´t said it enough.

Love, Elder Merrick

No comments:

Post a Comment