Elder Reynolds in Brazil

Elder Reynolds in Brazil

Friday, March 23, 2012

Brazil Week 12


Oi família, um grande abraço para todos de vocês!!
Translation: Hi family, a big hug to all of you!


Well, one word weather-wise this week- RAIN. And it looks like it's going to keep up for the next half a month or so.. que bênção!! (what a blessing!) haha But I'm just really glad that I don't have holes in my shoes, that would really stink to have to walk in all of this rain and what not. Count your many blessings right??

As I look at this week, I don't really have any funny stories or what not, just life is good, tiring, but amazingly awesome all at the same time. I'm happy, and yet I know that I'm so weak in so many different areas. I'm trying my best every single day, and trust me, the Lord is showing me my weaknesses. I'm working to develop faith right now, and really learn how I can apply it to my life and this work. I know that I'm weak, but I'm getting better each day. That's like the paradox of living the gospel- you are imperfect, and you try to improve. You do your very best and you grow, yet every time there's something to improve. We can't reach perfection in this life but it is the fact of our trying to improve and following the gospel. The best way I can explain is in a math analogy- it's not the point that we are at on the curve of our life, but rather the Slope of our improvement each day. The gospel is really about changing ourselves to be more like the Savior- we are humans, natural beings that need to change ourselves to be able to accept the cleansing and healing the only our Savior can provide. I love a talk that Elder Bednar gave about the sanctifying power of the Holy Ghost, and how he related it to the process of making cucumbers. Literally, the gospel is about changing ourselves at the very core and heart of our desires and motives. It is up to us to work each day to get better and change ourselves through the Gospel of Jesus Christ.

This work is true, and no earthly power can stop the work of the Lord. How grateful I am for the opportunity of 2 short years to give my all to the Lord, and see the Lord help others be changed- including myself! As Elder Neil L Anderson once quoted- ''It's not about what I can get from my mission, but what I can give''.

oh had 1 baptism Sunday and 2 this sunday then 9 in 3 weeks. So far we have had the most in the mission this transfer. just a heads up.

Love, Elder Merrick Reynolds

No comments:

Post a Comment