Elder Reynolds in Brazil

Elder Reynolds in Brazil

Friday, March 23, 2012

Brazil Week 13

I was playing soccer earlier today I am sorry for being late, even though it is still early for you guys there. 
This is the last week of the transfer and so next Tuesday I will find out if I leave, if I stay, if Elder Williams leaves or stays and what not. We are having two more baptisms this Sunday so that is pretty neat. 
We had a mission conference with Elder M. Russel Ballard, Neal A. Andersen and Jay E. Jensen this last Saturday. It wascool but the talks were a little weak in my opinion. They left the next day so I bet they just decided to say hi to us the day before they left.
The later two speak Portuguese, well sort of. Elder Ballard had a translator at his side. After that we headed over to Burger King, little did I know that it isnt as cheap as it is in the States, in fact it is very expensive (never will eat there here in Brazil again) It was good to get a good ol American hamburger in the system after the same beans and rice everyday. Things have been going pretty well. I am super tired and fat, I didnt realize how out of shape I have become. I should probably work on that. I hope everything is cool with you guys, I wish it wasnt so cold over there right now, that sound chilly. Well I have been working on inviting the spirt more in my lessons and I read in the Enisgn this quote:
"Faith is like spiritual oxygen. As we allow faith to freely flow within us, it awakens and enlivens our spiritual senses. It breathes life into our very souls. 

"As faith flows, we become sensitively attuned to the whisperings of the Spirit. Our minds are enlightened, our spiritual pulse quickens, our hearts are touched. 

"Faith fuels hope. Our perspective changes; our vision becomes clearer. We begin to look for the best, not the worst, in life and in others. We gain a deeper sense of life's purpose and meaning. Despair gives way to joy."

 I am sorry I write so little, I will probably eternally hate typing/writing unfortunatly
Thanks for everything hwever and alll that you do for me. I love you

Love,
Elder Merrick Reynolds

No comments:

Post a Comment